Monday, January 12, 2009

Loss of Momentum

It has been far too long since my last blog post. I have been offline for over a month now (all my late December posts were pre-written) and I am finding it difficult to recover my motivation.

The kids and I spent three weeks at my parents house this holiday season. It was wonderful to have so much time with family, but all the discipline, the structure, the habits that I have worked on for the last several months seem to have been completely erased.

My first big task of this new year is to regain my momentum, to fight against entropy (the natural flow toward disorder). My thoughts are drawn back to college physics: it requires large amounts of energy to counteract the constant trend toward chaos and to get a stationary body moving again.

What do you do to motivate yourself? Both at home and on your blog?

No comments: