Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Confusion ... or His Peace?

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 2
For God is not the author of confusion but of peace ...
1 Corinthians 14:33
When I first read this verse and the devotion for this week, I was very excited. I'm not sure exactly what I expected, but something in the "peace" category would have been nice. Instead, this week turned out to be the very opposite of peaceful.

My daughter still won't sleep at night since our visit to the west coast for the holidays (her brother use to have the same problem adjusting back to eastern time). My son has changed overnight from a sweet, obedient little boy to a challenging, head-strong, disobedient creature -- I hardly recognize him. In addition, my home has still not recovered from the holidays, and I am trying to get all the year-end paperwork done for our business.

The biggest problem is not all the chaos around me; it is the chaos within. This week, I have felt a severe lack of peace in my spirit. It has been challenging to remain calm even during the daily tasks of caring for my children. Not to mention, the added stress of the business and this disaster in our apartment.

I need to find a respite in my day to return to the peace I seek each morning, some short activity that can be done in the midst of the chaos. Do any of you have suggestions for something that I can try?

I will need to continue to meditate on the verse from this week ... and to learn afresh in my life that HE is my peace!

No comments: