Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Goals for 2009 - Follow up #2

So, back in March, I finally got around to setting some personal goals for the year. I did a follow up in April, but I decided it was time for another review of my goals.

Here are the goals, and my progress updates...
  • regular exercise routine - I finally started running again; I have been at it for four weeks now. I must admit that running in my 30's is not as easy as running in my 20's, but I am persevering. My goal is to be able to run for 20 minutes straight by the end of July - my current record is 15 minutes.

  • read 25 books - I don't know if I will hit my goal on this one, but I am slowly making progress. Stay tuned for some thoughts about the books I have been reading. Check out my reading list.

  • purge / organize our entire apartment - With the move in only three weeks, we are really attacking this goal right now. It all has to be done by the end of the month.

  • increase my time with God by 10 minutes per day - I started strong, but have not been as faithful as I would have liked. I have neglected my quiet time disgracefully in the last few weeks. But God is faithful in spite of my weakness. Today is the day to start again.
Do you have any goals you are working toward? How are you doing?

No comments: