Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Call on Him

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 4
I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.
Psalm 116:1-2
This week's devotion was about calling to God for help. Throughout this week, I could see him working on my heart. One morning I was startled awake by my three-year-old who decided to get up earlier than usual, and wake up his sister. They were already fighting with each other, and I hadn't made it out of bed yet.

As I struggled with anger and frustration, I heard a small voice reminding me to call out for help. God gave me peace and strength as I committed my ill-started day to him!

My prayer this week has been that I would always be aware of my desperate need for God throughout my daily life. And that I would be humble and call out for help.

No comments: