Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Friendly Blogging

Several years ago, my hubby set up a personal blog for us to keep in tough with our family and friends. That was my introduction to blogging, but I didn't explore this strange world until this past summer.

Several of my friends moved away and I started following their blogs. Suddenly, I was thrown into a new, virtual community of people from all over the country (and the world?), all sharing their ideas, passions and lives.

After starting this little site of random thoughts, I have been slowly learning online etiquette and realized that I have not been a very friendly or courteous blogger. I was turned on to the idea by Blue Castle. She posted a link to this article on Common Courtesy.

In this new year, I am working to become a more friendly blogger, commenting on the blogs that I visit, and responding to my visitors who take the time to leave a note on my blog.

Happy Blogging!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I too am learning blogger etiquette--it takes awhile! :) Love the meal plans-might just inspire me to try something new (we also plan ahead in an attempt to keep shopping, and spending, under control).

Christy said...

It does take time... I discovered after the fact that my lack of response to had turned off some people from revisiting my blog.

On meal planning, my goal was to lower the chaos around dinner time, but I was surprised how much this level of planning also affected our spending. =)