Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Get Out, Doubt"

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 6

"... Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
Matthew 16:23

In the devotion for the week, this verse was a reminder to not allow the doubts and negative thoughts to be a stumbling block to us, but to put them "behind" us.

I admit that I did not always remember to put my doubt behind me this week, and there were times that I should have done just that. But as I review this verse again today, I am encouraged to put the failures and doubts of the week behind me, and move forward in hope and peace.

Lord, release me from my thoughts of fear and doubt; replace them with your love and hope. Help me to always been mindful of You and to draw my strength and joy from you. Amen.

No comments: