Saturday, March 7, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 9

"Seek first God's kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well ... Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come when the time comes."
Matthew 3:33 (NCV) / Matthew 6:34 (Message)

This week's verse is a beautiful call to review and revise my priorities. Do I allow the concerns of life to take my sight off of all that God is doing and forget his faithfulness? Have I let the urgent tasks of life take priority over what is more important?

I have been thinking and praying this week about my priorities. Even though I know what is most important, it takes discipline to not allow the "squeaky wheel" or the urgent demands to run my day, instead of keeping my priorities in order.

If my priorities are off, I no longer have my focus on God, and the concerns of my daily life rule my heart with fear and worry.

Lord, I confess that I worry about too many things. Forgive me; help me to seek first YOUR will. Breathe your peace and rest into my heart. I don't know how I am going to accomplish everything that lies ahead of me, but I will look to you for answers and guidance, and rest knowing that you have everything under control. Amen

No comments: