Monday, March 2, 2009

A Heart of Gold

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 8

"The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the hearts."
Proverbs 17:3

I remember loving the song "Refiner's Fire" when I was young. "Refiner's fire, my heart's one desire is to be holy." That was the cry of my heart.

It seems so long since I felt that yearning for the purifying process. Maybe I have grown too cold. Or maybe I have come to realize that the refining fire is not as "romantically" wonderful as I thought when I was young.

I do still desire to be used for His purpose, to be set apart for His use. And I know that there is much in me that needs to be "purified." Maybe I'm not as excited about the refiner's fire, but I am confident that the fire will come when necessary and that he who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion.

Lord,
Thank you for the work you are faithfully continuing in my life; thank you that you are a tireless refiner, a patient potter; that you bring me the heat, the fire, the tests that will purify me.

Give me a soft heart to learn the lesson you have for me, may they bring me closer to you. Remind me to focus on you through the flames - you will keep me in perfect peace when my mind is stayed on you.

I need you Lord. And I need your refining work in my heart.
Amen

No comments: