Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blitz-It Friday

Grab My Blog Button!

Does Blitz-It Saturday count?

I didn't read the Project Blitz post until I was ready to publish this post, so I'll have to do some thinking about what to tackle. I definitely have plenty...

What a crazy week this has been! I had to start digging into all the stuff left undone by our focus on the yard sale.

We ate outside this evening, with all our neighbors. It was kind of an impromptu goodbye gathering for our neighbors who are moving tomorrow. When we came back inside, and got both kids to bed, I knew I had to tackle the kitchen. It was piled high from all the day's dishes and the dinner preparation.

This was the perfect situation for a blitz. I decided I could wrestle up 20 minutes of energy to finish whatever I could in that time. I actually ended up cleaning for 35 minutes (15 minutes past the timer). Once I got moving, it was easy to push a little further to finish.

Here is what I was able to accomplish:
  • Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher - it is ready to run when we go to bed tonight

  • Washed the pots & pans, and other misc. items by hand

  • Cleaned the sink, stove top & counters

  • Swept and mopped the kitchen and dining room floors
I was definitely not moving at my top speed, and now I am wiped, but it feels so good to know that I won't have all those dishes waiting for me in the morning.

Check out more great blitzing at Organized Everyday.

1 comment:

Jena Webber said...

ONce again, you are awesome. Thanks so much for keeping on, even if there are only 4 of us. You don't have to do a big project unless you want to.