Tuesday, June 9, 2009

River of Chaos

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 22
~ This weekly devotional can be found on Facebook; the group is called "A Clean Heart." ~

"The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; he turns it wherever he wishes."
Proverbs 21:1

Why does everything seem to come back to control? I try to control the details of my life – my family, my kids, my time. Yet I am surrounded by things I cannot control – my family, my kids, the economy, our country, the world.

But in all the chaos all around me, I find peace in the fact that God is truly in control. Nothing is outside his reach. If he can turn hearts, if he turns and directs the rivers, then surely my small stuff cannot be outside his hands. This was my meditation this week – God is still in control.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for your work in my life. Forgive me for the times I’ve been overwhelmed in doubt by the chaos around me, for complaining when I should have been praising you for leading me through it. Guide me in my chaos today, and help me rest knowing that everything is under your control.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

beautiful. thank you for sharing your heart.