Monday, June 15, 2009

Faith to Move Mountains

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 23
~ This weekly devotional can be found on Facebook. ~

"Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction."
Mark 5:34

Did I walk in faith today, or in doubt and fear? How quickly I forget my faith! It is so easy for the daily tasks and unknown future to drown out the quiet faith that should rule my heart. In this devotional series, as we seek to overcome the disorganization in our lives, it is too easy to look at the to-do list and lose sight of the work God is doing in our hearts.

This small verse was a strong reminder to me this week to set my sight on God and how he can do the impossible. It is not my strength, or my determination that will bring about real change in my life. It is the work of Christ in my heart, transforming me to his image, as I set my eyes on things above.

Dear Lord,
I pray that I will be focused on you, and that I will walk in faith and not in fear. Do not let me be consumed with the things of the day. And do not let me stray from you while trying to get things done. I pray that you would guide me and heal my afflictions. Bring me peace, and let me rest assured that you do know the answers. Thank you, Lord, that in this world of confusion, I can walk in peace and trust in you.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments: