Friday, April 24, 2009

Blitz-It Friday

Grab My Blog Button!
Organized Everyday is hosting a new carnival called Blitz-it Friday. If you have no idea what a blitz is, check out the original one hour blitz and staying focused.

On Sunday afternoon this week, my husband reminded me that we were having friends over that night, after the kids went down. I had completely forgotten and our house was in need of some work before it was even casual, company ready. I knew I was going to have to super blitz it to get everything done. Here is what I was able to get done in just over an hour of work:
  • Picked up the kid's bedroom
  • Picked up the living room and play area
  • Sorted the paper pile on the table
  • Cleared off the kitchen table
  • Loaded the dishwasher and turned it on
  • Hand washed the pans
  • Wiped the counters and stove
  • Swept the floors - living room, dining room, kitchen and hall
  • Vacuumed - bedrooms, living room, play area, hall runner
  • Spot-dusted the living room
  • Cleaned and polished the kitchen and living room tables
  • Cleaned the bathroom toilet and sink
  • Swept the bathroom floor
  • Shook out the bathroom rug
The timer went off just after I started the bathroom. I'm not sure how long it took, but I was able to finish it before my kids went crazy.

Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it. I started to lose my momentum about 45 minutes into the cleaning. A couple big gulps of water helped get me going again.

How do you tackle your cleaning?

3 comments:

BlueCastle said...

Wow. You did a LOT. :) Good work.

Eos Mom said...

Great job! Enjoy your nice clean house!

Jena Webber said...

That is HUGE!!! I'm totally tired just thinking about it!!! Great job.