Monday, April 27, 2009

Cast Your Burden

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 16

"Give ear to my prayer, O God, and hide not yourself from my plea for mercy! Attend to me, and answer me; I am restless in my complaint and I moan ... My heart is in anguish within me ...

'Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest; yes, I would wander far away; I would lodge in the wilderness; I would hurry to find a shelter from the raging wind and tempest.' ...

Cast your burden on the LORD,
and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved."
Psalm 55: 1-2,4,6-8,22


Do you ever feel like running away, even just for a little while, to escape it all? Sometimes I hide in the bathroom for a few minutes, just for a little break from the kids, the noise, the house. But what I really need is a long-term solution.

I am slowly learning how to find refuge in my God. I know he is my strength and my hiding place, but I struggle with the practical application of this truth in my life. How do I practice this on a daily basis, so I am not worn down by the cares of life?

How do you find refuge in God? What ‘rubber-meets-the-road’ solutions do you use in your life to “hide in the shadow of his wings”?


Lord,
Some days I feel so overwhelmed and wish I could escape it all. Today, I cast my burden on you, and I pray that you will sustain me through this. I lean on you for strength. Thank you for being my escape. I rest in your peace, keeping my mind steadfast on you.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.

No comments: