Friday, April 3, 2009

My 100th Post

For my 100th post, I thought about doing a "100-things-about-me" post, but that seemed a little excessive (and I don't know that I could come up with 100 interesting things to say). Instead, I decided to share a little more about me following the structure of the The Simple Woman's Daybook (even though they normally post on Mondays).


FOR TODAY April 3, 2009 ...

Outside my window...
the stormy, rain clouds parted briefly to reveal the sun, but I can still hear thunder rumbling in the distance.

I am thinking...
about what the coming year may bring. My husband is finishing his Master of Divinity here at Princeton Theological Seminary. He did not get into any of the Ph.D. programs to which he had applied. The current plan is to apply to several one-year Master programs for this year and apply for Ph.D.'s again next year.

I am thankful for...
my wonderful husband who has been out of town all week. I miss him, and realize that I have taken for granted all that he does for me and the kids.

From the kitchen...
I smell the cornbread cooking; we will have it with chili for dinner tonight.

I am wearing...
jeans and a sweatshirt - it's just that kind of day.

I am creating...
memory verse cards for display around my house, to help me keep my thoughts "on things above."

I am going...
to take the kids for a quick walk before the rain starts again.

I am reading...
Pain Free by Pete Egoscue (as a hope to find a real solution to my migraines) and Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern (which I won in a giveaway from Organized Everyday).

I am hoping...
for a wonderfully quiet evening watching a sweet, romantic chick-flick (with the children sleeping through the night).

I am hearing...
my son singing "Ring Around the Rosy" in his room (he's suppose to be napping). A few minutes ago the song choice was "Brown Bear, Brown Bear."

Around the house...
there are little people and animals scattered all over the living room from the kids play time earlier. My one-year-old daughter has discovered the joy of animal sounds and loves to "neigh" like a horse and "ba-ba" like a sheep.

One of my favorite things...
is the laughter of my children. Today, I pulled out my son's old rain boots to see if they would fit my daughter. It was so funny to watch her march around the house, getting the feel for the boots. Had you happened upon us, you would have found me sitting on the floor laughing at the wonderful giggles (and silly little walk) of my daughter, and the cheers erupting from my son at his sister's successful march down the hall.

A few plans for the rest of the week ...
Tomorrow morning we are heading to an Easter Egg hunt (if the weather stays dry). In the afternoon we are going to a Noah's Ark costume birthday party (my daughter as a monkey and my son as a dinosaur - were there dinosaurs on the ark?). On Sunday evening I am headed to the airport to pick up my husband (I can hardly wait).


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Children find such joy in the simplest pleasures (like finding a basket ball on the playground)! I should learn from her and rejoice in all the simple things in my life.

No comments: