Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pressing Toward the Goal

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 13

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already made complete, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own ... I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:12, 14

What a beautiful reminder! I have become so consumed with fixing this mess I have made by my laziness and lack of attention to detail, that I have forgotten the big picture.

Is there anything in life that can compare to "the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord"? He is my "exceeding great reward." (Gen 15:1 KJV)

I can feel my heart stirring as I review this devotional again. There is nothing I desire more than knowing Christ Jesus, who is my life, my future, my hope.

Lord,
Thank you that you always remain faithful, even when I am faithless (and distracted). I admit I have gotten caught up in my desire for organization and planning and schedules - in my desire to run a smooth household - instead of desiring You first and foremost. Forgive me! I long to have you touch me, reach me, each day that I may feel your presence. I yearn to be "complete" even more than for my tasks to be completed. Help me to stay true to that, to remain focused on "the upward call of God."
In Jesus Name,
Amen.

No comments: