Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Diapers can save lives?

Pampers has teamed up with UNICEF to provide tetanus shots for mothers and children in developing countries. Tetanus has a fatality rate as high as 70 to 100 percent in some countries. Each year approximately 140,000 infants and up to 30,000 women in developing countries die from tetanus. But it can be prevented.

With the 1 pack = 1 vaccine program, Pampers will donate the cost of one tetanus vaccine to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF for every pack of specially-marked Pampers diapers and wipes purchased in the U.S. and Canada between February 10th – May 1 2009. Look for specially marked packages.

I don't normally buy Pampers, but for a product I already have to purchase, I figure I can buy a different brand and help provide vaccines to people in need.

Thanks to The Diaper Diaries for bringing this to my attention.
For more info, check out the Pampers-UNICEF campaign page.

No comments: