Tuesday, May 5, 2009

'Establish' your house

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 17 - "'W.U.K.' In The House"

"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches."
Proverbs 24:3-4

The devotional this week was a strong reminder that only God can truly establish a home, only He can provide the wisdom I need each day to love my husband, to raise my kids, and to run my house.

While pondering my need, I was reminded of a few encouraging truths. First, God gives wisdom freely to those to ask (James 1:5).

Second, God desires us to have complete understanding so that we may know Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:2-3). More than wisdom and knowledge, I need to seek Christ himself. Everything else is nothing in comparison (Philippians 3:8).

Lord,
Thank you for this home you have blessed me with. I need to have your wisdom, understanding and knowledge foundational in my home. I look to you for these precious riches, and wait on you to provide them in your way. May my mind, eyes and heart remain open as you teach me. Bless me with increasing wisdom, understanding and knowledge, so my home may be overflowing with your goodness and love.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.

No comments: