Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Order In Your Heart

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 18

Be sure that everything is done properly and in order."
I Corinthians 14:40


Can these words be used to describe my home? my life? my heart? Recently it feels like I can hardly keep my head above water, let alone do things "properly" and "in order".

This chaos isn't just about my home, but it is about my life and the way I am choosing to live.

I was convicted this week about the state of my heart, and how I have let the chaos around me invade my time in with the Lord, leaving me dry and thirsty. This needs to be addressed first, before the other issues can be properly addressed.

Lord,
I am struggling with my lack of organization. So many thing are suffering because of it. But the one that has suffered the most is my heart. I pray that you would bring me back to the place I need to be so that my whole being my be properly ordered. I know that when this happens, other things will begin to fall into place. Create in me a clean heart and renew a steadfast spirit in me.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.

No comments: