Monday, May 18, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


My hubby requested this week that we take a break from red meat for the summer. That really surprised me - he is a big red meat fan - but I guess he is feeling it would be healthier. I'm happy to oblige - beef is really expensive these days.

The biggest challenge will be barbecuing without hamburger. We're going back to ground turkey, instead. Years ago, we used ground turkey regularly ... until my hubby got food poisoning from it (no, it wasn't my cooking). He wouldn't eat it for years, but he is willing to try it again.

My hubby graduates this weekend with his Master of Divinity from Princeton Theological Seminary. Whew! This has been three good, but challenging, years in the making. On Sunday, we are going out for dinner to celebrate.

Menu for this week:
  • Monday -- Nachos
  • Tuesday -- Turkey Burgers
  • Wednesday -- Chicken Alfredo
  • Thursday -- Chicken Piccata
  • Friday -- Quesadillas
  • Saturday -- Baked Potato Bar

  • Sunday -- Celebration Dinner out with hubby

Check out more menu plan's at Organizing Junkie.

Happy Monday!

No comments: