Monday, May 18, 2009

T-minus 13 days


Only 13 days until the yard sale? (a small gasp of panic is heard escaping my mouth ...)

I wasn't planning on doing much for the yard sale today, but I was feeling antsy during the kid's nap time and decided to do a little work.

~ KITCHEN ~

I did a first pass of the kitchen. I filled one box of random things - the cookie press I've never used, the ice cream sundae cups we only used twice in the last year, and a few other odds and ends. Not as much as I was hoping to clear out, but a nice start. It will definitely need another purge session before the yard sale.

The kitchen always requires so many boxes to pack up. With every move, I am shocked at how many boxes are marked "kitchen." We need to do some hard purging here. The good news is that I found several items that we're ready to clear out, but will wait until July so we can continue to use them until we move.

Take the toaster, for example. We're ready to get rid of our toaster, but still want to have toast for the next few months. The toaster works okay, though one side of the toast always ends up darker than the other. We were laughing when we realized that we are still using the toaster that I bought for my apartment in college over 10 years ago. Who would have thought a cheap Target toaster would last so long?

So, here's to the start of another great week of purging!

No comments: