Sunday, May 24, 2009

Joy Through Trials

Create in Me a Clean Heart - Week 20
~ This weekly devotional can be found on Facebook; the group is called "A Clean Heart." ~

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."
James 1:2-3

Rejoice! Consider it pure JOY! Be joyful in your trials, in all things, especially in the bad things! Do I have to confess that this is a big struggle for me? I do not exude joy in my trials, small as they are. Instead, I complain and make a big deal about it all.

I remember an incredible Christian woman I worked with at my first real job when I was 16. She was a truly joyful person, all the time. I know that her husband was having serious medical complications and there were some hard things going on with her kids, but she was still always joyful. It caught everyone’s attention! She had amazing opportunities to minister to others because of her attitude. It attracted people, and they were curious and asked questions. That is the kind of person I want to be.

Rejoice in the Lord always! I will say it again, REJOICE!

Lord,
Thank you for the trials that I go through that help me learn perseverance. Please give me strength during the times that drag on so that I may learn to be joyful in all things. Remind me that you are using these times as a chance for me to grow into a more patient person. Show me the times I am not being patient or perseverance in love; when I am not walking in your joy (which is my strength). Help me to wait on you for the answers to my struggles. Only through your strength and help I
will persevere joyfully.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.

No comments: